Tuesday, September 4, 2012

How to pass a breathalizer!

There are many superstitions that there are ways to pass a breathalizer. Some rumors are that you can put a penny under your tongue, some think that drinking a bunch of water will wash the alcohol out of your breath, and some people just keep mouthwash on them to make there breath smell better. Do you think that these tricks will actually help you pass the breathalizer?

The penny trick is said to work because of the high level of copper in the penny and thats said to "trick" the breathalizer. Do you really think that something worth 1 cent is going to make you pass a breathalizer? The penny trick is actually a myth, and in reality, pennies have been made of 97.5% zinc since the 1980's.

Drinking water is another way people try to pass a breathalizer. They think it will wash down all the alcohol into your stomach. The problem with this is that a breathalizer doesn't actually test the alcohol in your mouth, it tests the alcohol in your lungs. Although, personally, I have seen people pass a breathalizer from drinking a bunch of water. I have also heard of people passing by actually chugging beer right up till you take the breathalizer, but I highly do NOT recomend this.

Others think that mouthwash would work. HA. Tricks on you! Mouthwash contains alcohol. It may mask the smell of the alcohol but in reality it could higher your BAC.

Don't get your hopes up to much that these tricks will work, cause chances are, they wont.



"You know what my drink is? Jack Daniel's. Yes, that is a wild man drink. That should come with bail money, you know what I'm saying? Because on Jack, you don't know where you're going to end up, but you know when you get there, you won't be wearing any pants."

21 comments:

  1. This is very interesting... I never knew that those things could help pass a test

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really interesting. My brother talks about this all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! this is pretty informative! i of course knew that if you used mouth wash it is pretty much the worst idea because it has alcohol in it :)but then again i'd probably use it as an excuse, or at least try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've also been told that these things could help you pass a breathalizer, but later on Manswers found out that they don't work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have also heard these tricks and i knew that they didnt work. Mythbusters did a section on this and they as well tried all of these tricks, but they concluded these tricks to be busted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't try running away from the breathalizer either.. that will end bad everytime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How could someone possibly think that drinking more alcohol would make them blow zeros? Very interesting, Halie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The penny myth is funny. How would copper be able to do anything like that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think all these myths are pretty funny but I would have to say my favorite one is "lets drink more beer to pass the breathalizer!"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Halie, how are you finding this stuff out? Like what the heck, its so random, yet so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm kind of disappointed because by your title I thought you were going to tell ways that do work to pass a breathalizer. Would it work if you used an old penny, from before 1982??

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha thats funny!!! I knew those did not work cuz i saw one of my family members do the penny one and it did not work... But these are very interesting facts I can not wait to see what you have to say next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. sometimes the penny was just simply "good luck" and you pasted :) I love learning about this stuff, but honestly you can't beat a breathalizer.. if you've been drinking, you're going to get caught and deal with the consequence.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha people and their trying to cheat

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have never heard some of this stuff. Very interesting:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. There are new ways to beat or cheat breathalizers that people come up with all the time but how can you be so sure they work? I mean anyone could be really drunk and blow zeros... they dont always work, there very unstable tests!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. If you're trying to beat a breathalyzer, you shouldn't be driving, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Word ^ The first time I ever had to blow for an alcohol test, I blew a .3. This is way over the limit a human can have in his/her body, so therefor the machine said I was dead. Yes, I yelled at the cop, and yes, I re-took it again, and I blew double 0's. I think they just don't like me.

    ReplyDelete